Southall
Spikes Bridge Track
Municipal Sports Ground, West Avenue, SOUTHALL
Greater London
Photos
No approved photos yet - be the first to add one.
Track Information
UpdatedFacilities
1 SP
None
None
None
Additional Information
The track was originally built as a 5 lane one in 1937 and was upgraded to 6 lanes in about 1960. It is commonly known as Spikes Bridge because there was a narrow bridge over the canal side of the ground that had spikes on its walls to stop kids climbing onto them. The track went out of club use in 1987 when Ealing & Southall AC (as was then) moved to Perivale although it is believed to be still used by schools. It is generally in good condition with no weeds although is slightly rutted in parts. All the field event facilities except the SP circle have been grassed over. The S/C water jump which was inside the track on the first bend has also been removed. The nearby changing facilities have suffered constant vandalism and are no longer available. The track also used to have floodlights but these no longer work.
Suggest an Edit
Spotted something out of date - opening times, charges, facilities? Suggest a correction and a track admin will review it.