Colchester
Colchester Garrison Athletics Stadium
Colchester Garrison, Circular Road North, COLCHESTER
Essex
Photos
No approved photos yet - be the first to add one.
Track Information
UpdatedFacilities
1 HJ
2 PV
2 LJ
1 SP
2 DT
1 HT
1 JT
Inside track, height adjustable
Full in pavilion at track
200 (approx) uncovered
Athletics Clubs
Additional Information
The track is owned by the Army and was originally cinder and built in 1932. It was upgraded to synthetic in 1983 and opened by Mike Gratton. It was resurfaced with Spurtan BS in 1993 and resurfaced again in 1997 and is in excellent condition although it does not get used much by the general public. A PA system is available. New changing facilities were opened in 2000. A new external DT/HT cage was built in 2001 in an area to adjacent to the top bend. In March 2002, a height adjustable water jump was installed. Potential users should apply in writing to The Garrison Sergeant Major, Headquarters Colchester Station, Gryphon House, Goojerat Barracks, COLCHESTER, CO2 7SW.
Suggest an Edit
Spotted something out of date - opening times, charges, facilities? Suggest a correction and a track admin will review it.